In present era android devices are best companions indeed. These devices are capable of performing the entire task which were performed by Desktop, Pc’s and laptops in past. Your android device consists up of all the important and personal documents including your reminders, events, personal conversations, images or emails. And for sure you don’t want anyone to have access on your android smartphone or tablet. Did you ever think what will happen if you lost your android phone containing personal data? There must be a proper security system to prevent unauthorized use of your data if in case your device is stolen.
A year back, Google introduced Android Device Manager. It is a tool which helps you to sync your device and helps you to find it out if it is lost somewhere near. By this year, this application has been updated introducing many new features. It includes lock and erase options too. Android device manager will give you comfort and relaxation as you can now increase your device security. In this article we are going to tell you that how to remotely lock and wipe your android device.
A few preparations before using Android Device Manager
1. Sync your device with Google accounts.
2. Must use a Gmail account for your android device. Use the same Gmail account for Android Device Manager.
3. Disable flight mode
How to Remotely Lock and wipe Your Android Device Using Android Device Manager
You need to set up your device with android device manager. Follow the steps below:
- Open Android Device Manager On your Laptop/PC.
- Sign in with your Gmail address you are using on your android device.
- As you are signed in, Android device manager will show you devices associated with your gmail account.
- Select the device on which you want to activate Android Device Manager.
- You will receive a notification on your device.
- Open up this notification and confirm your access to Android device manager.
- Once you are done with activation, Open Android device manager page again and enable Lock and Erase option.
- As soon as you will enable it, screen will show a message saying you want to make android device manager as your device administrator.
- Activate it and you will see 3 more options.
It will ring your device for 5 minutes so that you can find it easily.
This option will lock your device and will allow you to change password or pin of android device.
Pressing Erase option will erase the whole date and will wipe your device completely.
- Select the option you want and it will work accordingly.
- That’s all
You can use above simple steps to make your device more secure and to prevent it from unauthorized use. It will not take much of your time but will provide you relaxation that your personal data is secured.